My 3 week connectivist learning in a University of the Philippines Open University course on Research in Distance Education.
This is a research project I am trying to explore in this course. I conceive the ties between nodes in terms of the following. It's a scale from 1 to 5. The nodes can be actors, beliefs, digital resources and real world resources.
Here are example of my interpretation of ties between actors and resources.
- clicks on
- influenced by
- borrows ideas from
- learns from
- denies ideas of
- reacts to (negatively/positively)
- affirms ideas
- changes perspective
- moves to action
Perhaps we could map this in Revised Bloom's Taxonomy of Educational Objectives which has the following items:
- Remember - actor becomes aware of resource
- Understand - actor reads resource and understands (there is no need to demonstrate the understanding since this is self-reported. This is the point when if asked "What is the resource about?" you can explain it."
- Apply - actor uses the information in explaining existing phenomena or data without changing it. If the resource involves processes then he/she can follow instructions.
- Analyze - breaks down the elements of the resource, including unwritten assumptions.
- Evaluate - judges the resource as being relevant or irrelevant. Find errors in argument. Defends the resource position in a debate or argumentation.
- Create - the actor is moved to do something after reading the resource. Either against or for the ideas of the resource. e.g. blog in favor or against the resource. Do research.
Ties between actors and goals
Ties between goals and resources